venerdì 11 settembre 2015

Day 68: Control rendering with the shell

Today I added lots of commands to enable/disable the different rendering steps.
This was easy for the most part, but a few steps were actually not indepent.
For example I couldn't disable the shadows, because in the light pass the shadow information is read and processed. So I needed to do a few adjustments, for examples I added an uniform to the light shaders to disable shadow processing.
Another example of a problematic command was the disabling of HUD, because the shell is actually part of the gui.

In the picture are show a few commands to disable, in this order, hud sprites (but not texts), directional shadows, spot lights and skybox.
Using \x instead of \nox enables the rendering steps back again.

Probably the next thing I'm gonna do is an output shell, on top of the input shell.
This will be useful to output messages directly there instead of the windows terminal.
I will also probably add a function to pause the game (except the shell).


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento