I'll soon start to implement the (2D) GUI of the engine, because I decided I want to be able to draw a HUD, write output on screen, maybe even implement a custom console.
Before that I wanted to give a proper conclusion to the work I've done till today, so I built a little, nice environnement to replace the random stuff I had on screen.
It was useful to test again the lights and of course I want something nice rendered on screen if I'm not gonna change it for quite some time.
I also added copy constructor for lights in the process
Since this is the end of this part of the engine, I'll recap the main features I implemented, which are visible in the image for the most part:
*At the four corners there are 4 point lights, and each one of them has a diffuse component, and a very high specular component. They also cast shadows.
*The four spheres around the lights are flat color (non lit) and they don't influence shadow casting. It needed a few extra work, but it allowed me to create bulb lights
*At the top there is a spotlight, with the same properties of the point ligths (shadows, specular and diffuse color etc)
*On top there is a sphere that casts the directional light shadow
*In the background there is the skybox
*Everything is based on deferred rendering, which is nice for performances but made everything a little more difficult, and prevented me from using transparency and anti-aliasing, which I would really like to have.

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento