venerdì 17 novembre 2017

Day 204: Work on tiled deferred rendering, and new light attenuation system.

In the morning, I addressed a problem I had, which is that tiled and non-tiled rendering were slightly different. Turns out that the sampling was off by half a pixel in the regular one, and that the tiled one was leaking some colors outside the attenuation radius.

In the afternoon I continued the implementation of tiled deferred rendering for both Point and Spot lights. A couple of nasty bugs kept me busy for quite some time, and I still need to solve the last one, which makes the point lights not work in regular deferred rendering.

In the evening, while looking for the solution of the bug, I noticed that the attenuation logic of my lights was completely wrong, including the calculation of the bounding box size - at the time of the implementation my 3D math skills were quite basic. So I fixed it, and now lights behave more realistically and have better performance.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento