venerdì 20 maggio 2016

Day 129 & 130: Completed model loader!

I spent two days to finish the model loader, because of a series of really complex bugs to track and fix.

I won't go into much details because I did so many things in these two days that I don't even remember all of it. The important thing is that now the loader can load complex models, with multiple meshes and materials, and with full support of normal maps, specular/diffuse/ambient lights and so on.

To test the whole system I wrote a simple script to attach and detach a point light to the camera. This allows to place the light very fast, and see immediately the results.

Since this post covers two days I'll post two screens:

The first one is a the fixed version of the cathedral of the last post. I took the screen yesterday, and there were still a lot of problems, a few of them visible, like the directional shadows.

The second is the classic sponza model used in computer graphic. The loader is completely working in this screenshot.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento