martedì 29 dicembre 2015

Day 109: Fixes

Today I wanted to do for lights shaders the same I did for geometry shaders.
But since the engine right now is actually working correctly (i expected that whis would happen only at the end of the whole process), I decided to take a breath and fix a few things.

First I decided to convert all the scenes to the new system, because only the one I was using for testing was working. By doing that I noticed a problem with the normal maps, which i didn't notice in the firework scene because I was using flat materials. (flat = not interacting with light).

It was a little bug inside the batch, and as you can see in the picture, now the light is correctly reflected if I use non-flat materials. 

Then I noticed a crash when quitting the game...apparently there is something wrong in the destruction of singleton classes...I managed to fix it, but I'm not really sure yet why it wasn't working before. Probably in the future I'll remove all the singletons though, I really don't like how they integrate with the engine.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento